(all photos are clickable for larger images)

This is my view at around 7:45 am (though I took the photo about 3:00). This is a multi-level waterfall thing in the Braithwaite Gardens. The building in the background is the Fine Arts building where I take an art class. (The building also houses the Cowan Center which plays host to broadway plays, ballet and other performance arts.)

This is another fountain in the Braithwaite Gardens and in front of the Fine Arts Center. It has benches where you can sit and contemplate (or knit) if you want.

This is The Dub and B.J. Riter Millennium Carillon Tower as viewed from the Fine Arts Center building. Yes, I noticed that the times are different. (good thing I own a watch!!)
Inside the Fine Arts building there is an Art gallery. My art professor is in charge of the gallery. Right now there's a display of works by the artist Wade Eldean.
I took this photo becauseI thought it might be of interest to all the fiber artists amongst us.
The name of this piece is "Morgan thinking about that scary bug". The medium is yarn and wax on wood. ITS YARN!! There are a whole series of these poitraits done in yarn as well as others. I thought it was pretty neat. You can see the other yarn paintings here.
Ok..on with my day.

Huge iron turtle by the lake. (and I do mean huge, its about 15 feet long) No, our mascot isn't a turtle. We are the Patriots. *shrug*

This is the back entrance to the UC (University Center). This is where I go to eat lunch and get Starbucks. Also houses the bookstore. I want to get a photo of the inside sometime, becuase it has a really neat glass ceiling.

This is the view from outside my Statistics lecture hall across the lake. The building you see in the distance is the Library. (and no..my lecture hall has no windows. drat)

Another view of the tower from the other side of campus.
And finally......

The view out my car window on the way home.
I hope you enjoyed this "day in the life". Yeah, I got a new digital camera and wanted to play with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment