After neglecting my blog at knitsteph.com for so long, I let my hosting expire. Then, I got a wild hair about blogging again. Instead of paying for hosting (in case I saw something shiney and stopped blogging again), I decided to ressurect my old blogger blog.
I'm hoping I can get into my other blog and export the posts over here, but if not I guess that's ok too.
Since my last posting here I've graduated college and become a certified unemployed teacher. Joy. I have a really expensive paper on my wall that I'm not using yet.
I'm still knitting and weaving. I actually have an FO for 2010 already!!
I made a scarf from sock yarns. I used one skein for warp and one for weft. I think it turned out really nice. It's about 9 inches wide and 80 inches long not counting the fringe.
There are a couple of threading errors, but it's not that noticeable. It turned out really soft.
I was really impressed with my selvages, except for one section on the left side near the end where I had tension issues. This tweedy yarn worked up really well on the loom.
I've wound another warp from Opal sock yarn and I'm hoping to get it on the loom today. This looks like it may have subtle small stripes, if the weft yarn doesn't over power it.
Well, I'm going to sign off for now. More later.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
4 comments:
I seriously want a loomed scarf now. That's just so cool! And your scarf is so pretty. Tweed fabric is awesome.
It's fun to do!! You come to visit and we can make you a scarf!
I'd love to, but? I'm not allowed in Texas. Really. Something about being a hippie California liberal. So can we just say I did, and you mail it to me? Heheheheh!
pfft...I'm a hippie Texas Liberal. We are coming out of the woodwork here. ;)
Post a Comment